Friday, May 2, 2008

Getting away from Silverymoon.

Ok in the Interests of just moving forward again...

I am now forgoing the rest of the Silverymoon Adventure. I only added on to it back when I had a dev team thinking that with a full team I could actually populate that many city areas. Well, due to my own fault I lost my team. But for some reason kept going on the "expanded Silverymoon" Idea when i should have just dropped it.

The design doc only has the Sewers capture portion, then off to Quaervar where the Lycanthropes are attacking from a hidden base in the forest.

And as I look back on it I was reminded recently of where my strengths in design really lay and why the Original Design doc moves everything to the quint little town of Quaervarr. My strengths were in the developement of characters/characterizations, and some really intense action and dungeon crawling, as well as some really good area design.

Moving the players out of Silverymoon and away from my weakness in design (aka city adventures) It allows me to concentrate on my biggest strengths. I am keeping what I've designed up to this point in Silverymoon and then following the original design to move into the action of the story and a place where I can design characters I can relate to better. Granted this may extend the adventure, but to be honest it also jumps into the action and the storyline faster. Also It allows me to showcase my outdoor area creation skills a bit better than a City adventure does.

I'll also followup with the release of the City Areas I won't be using as prefabs on the Vault. Quite frankly I am pretty sure people are going to be very impressed... they look a lot better than this nowadays.

EDIT: Have now uploaded to the vault, pictures are there now.

2 comments:

Wyrin said...

i thought these city shots looked amazing and vibrant when you first posted the development.

welcome to the blogroll!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Wyrin,
I did post up two of them to the vault and will probably post up the third on monday.
I'm still adjusting to this blogroll thing but I just created Quaervarr this weekend from the Red's Mountain village by retexturing the entire thing and extending it. It's turned out fairly stunning as well.