Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yes I've actually been working on it... More Asberdies shots

Well believe it or not I have been working, I just keep forgetting to update this page. I am still looking at how to create the gui interface over the top to give a true in game view, but from what I understand you have to include the actual gui interface as an override just to see it correctly, that or put it in a hak pak. Why this is, is beyond me, but I'll get it down sooner or later. Right now I'm more interested in just getting all of the areas created and done.

These screenshots are from the level I'd be placing the camera at for the overland map.



This is the area behind the Nether Mountains. I've made it into a kind of plains/foothills mix so that it blends in really well, it's actually a combination of three grass textures, and the mountains texture along with a little orange/brown color tint to give it a definite autumn look. I haven't placed any real placables there and may not, because it does really achieve it's purpose as is.



Finally decided to post a shot with the actual tree canopy over the top of the moonwoods. This is the area just to the west of the Mouth of Song. There will also be a little grove there in that area called the "Grove of Fangs" an area in eternal darkness where the enemies of the Mouth of Song dwell. While you are attempting to find clues to locate Claw Hollow, this is one of the areas you can find them.



Last but not least a shot from inside the Silverymoon pass. The tower is a guard tower that protects the pass and will be a stopover allowing safe rest as you travel through the pass. In some of the later stages you will come here to find the person who can help you ascend to the top of the Nether Mountains and find the ancient Tomb of Dekan Thar to further your quest to find the remaining fragments of the Asberdies Stones.

Well that should give a good update for now.

11 comments:

Wyrin said...

stunning shots - you werea lot braver with the textures than me! ;) Looking really good. I'd agree with no placeables on the plains in that first shot - the rolling grasslands look fine as they are

Phoenixus said...

Heh,

Thanks Wyrin, and yeah it is a real trick keeping to the texture limit while making a good looking terrain.

I checked out yours and the method you are using looks very good too.

Frank Perez said...

Hey Phoenixus, good to know that you're still plugging away at your module. Looking forward to the next update. ;)

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

Hi Phoenixus,

It's good to read about your work. I am always amazed at how well you do your aeas.

Lance.

AmstradHero said...

As always, excellent texturing - though there is a slight seam on the Nether Pass shot.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the end result of all your hard work!

Anonymous said...

so are you still working on this??


-steelfiredragon

Anonymous said...

dead n gone

Unknown said...

Sorry to see this die, I must say. T in T was THE first mod I played with NWN2, and I still remember it quite clearly.

Tauschitz

Moorgan Hart said...

That's crap, finish it! Please!

Lucas Kain said...

Nice, nice, feed us more!

___
call New Zealand

Paradigmatico said...

Hello Phoenixus I'd like to talk with you about your project Tale of the Asberdies. Could you contact me please, since you have a private profile?

Best Regards

Nuno

nunopadrao@ hotmail.com (minus the space after the @ )