Saturday, May 15, 2021

Practice run and Texturing... this time for Solasta Crown of the Magister

While it is not confirmed yet. The Solasta Dungeon Maker Utility might at some point allow outdoor area creation in which case I'll be texturing again so I decided to whip up a quick test area in the NWN2 toolset to see if my texturing and creation abilities had slipped when using more advanced tools. I'm thinking... not bad.
That was a good hieght map... showing the overview... but at the player level it came out like this...
Looks like I haven't lost a step. I hadn't done this in years... but it looks like it doesn't go away once you get the hang of it. I have considered releasing a tutorial in texturing once the Devs include outdoor area creation in the Dungeon Maker.

1 comment:

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

Good to see you back in action ....

I also looked at the Solasta toolset videos.

Sadly, even if they manage to bring on outdoor designs, I am not sure they intend to support multi-player, which may "defeat the object" for me. :(

Anyway, as I say, it was a pleasant surprise to see you back in action!